The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale is in the books. On Saturday night, TUF 24 winner Tim Elliott got the opportunity to shock the world by facing flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson in the main event.
While Elliott gave a valiant effort and won over a large group of fans for his gutsy and entertaining performance, it was the long-time champion who was able to adjust after a tough first round to smother and neutralize the challenger en route to a unanimous decision victory.
It was Johnson’s ninth title defense, inching him one fight closer to Anderson Silva’s UFC record of ten.
Also on the night was a thrilling flyweight bout between TUF 24 coaches and top contenders Joseph Benavidez and Henry Cejudo, with Benavidez coming out on top thanks to a questionable decision that included an inexplicable 30-26 scorecard in his favor.
Jorge Masvidal also had his fight marred in controversy, after Jake Ellenberger’s foot got stuck in the cage. Referee Herb Dean attempted to step in to free Ellenberger’s foot, but it was ultimately ruled a TKO. If Ellenberger appeals with the athletic commission, the belief is the bout will likely be overturned to a no contest.
The night also saw the emergence of promising fighters Jared Cannonier and Brandon Moreno, along with a devastating knockout from Rob Font on the undercard.
If you missed out on Saturday night’s action, we have you covered.
The full results from The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale can be seen below:
- Demetrious Johnson def. Tim Elliott via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-45)
- Joseph Benavidez def. Henry Cejudo via split decision (27-29, 30-26, 29-27)
- Jorge Masvidal def. Jake Ellenberger via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:05
- Jared Cannonier def. Ion Cutelaba via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Sara McMann def. Alexis Davis via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 2, 2:52
- Brandon Moreno def. Ryan Benoit via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Ryan Hall def. Gray Maynard via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Rob Font def. Matt Schnell via TKO (knee, punches) – Round 1, 3:47
- “Maestro” Dong Hyun Kim def. Brendan O’Reilly via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jamie Moyle def. Kailin Curran via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Anthony Smith def. Elvis Mutapcic via TKO (elbow, punches) – Round 2, 3:27
- Devin Clark def. Josh Stansbury via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)