Another one of college football’s top awards has narrowed down its list of potential candidates.
On Thursday, the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award announced its list of five finalists for the honor, which is awarded annually to ” the top offensive player in Division 1 football who also exhibits the enduring characteristics that define Earl Campbell: integrity, performance, teamwork, sportsmanship, drive, community, and tenacity; specifically tenacity to persist and determination to overcome adversity and injury in pursuit of reaching goals.”
The five finalists can be seen below:
- D’Onta Foreman, Texas, RB, Junior – Texas City, TX (Texas City HS)
- Jalen Hurts, Alabama, QB, Freshman – Channelview, TX (Channelview HS)
- Patrick Mahomes, II, Texas Tech, QB, Junior – Whitehouse, TX (Whitehouse HS)
- Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma, QB, Junior – Austin, Texas (Lake Travis HS)
- Dede Westbrook, Oklahoma, WR, Senior – Cameron, TX (Cameron Yoe HS)
The winner will be announced at an awards banquet on Jan. 11, 2017.