An already cursed UFC 206 card took another hit on Friday, when former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis failed to make weight for his scheduled headlining bout against Max Holloway.
The bout was originally scheduled to be for the interim featherweight title, but Pettis’ inability to hit his contracted weight has switched things up.
While the bout will remain a five-round affair, Pettis is no longer eligible to win the title.
If Pettis wins, he doesn’t claim the strap, while Holloway can still be named the interim featherweight champion if he defeats his overweight opponent.
Pettis officially weighed in at 148 pounds, three pounds over the featherweight limit.
This marks the first time a fighter has missed weight for a championship fight since Travis Lutter missed the mark at UFC 67 in 2007.
The full weigh-in results for UFC 206 can be seen below.
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Max Holloway (145) vs. Anthony Pettis (148)** – for interim featherweight title
- Matt Brown (171) vs. Donald Cerrone (170.5)
- Dooho Choi (145.5) vs. Cub Swanson (146)
- Kelvin Gastelum (185) vs. Tim Kennedy (186)
- Emil Meek (170.5) vs. Jordan Mein (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Misha Cirkunov (205) vs. Nikita Krylov (206)
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier (156) vs. Drew Dober (156)
- Valerie Letourneau () vs. Viviane Pereira (114)
- Mitch Gagnon (135.5) vs. Matthew Lopez (136)
PRELMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- John Makdessi (155) vs. Lando Vannata (156)
- Rustam Khabilov (158.5)* vs. Jason Saggo (155)
- Zach Makovsky (125) vs. Dustin Ortiz (125)
Photo Credit: Twitter