At Bellator 170 on Saturday night, Paul Daley delivered an early contender for Knockout of the Year in 2017.
Sure, it’s only January, but Daley’s perfectly timed knee against Brennan Ward was a thing of beauty — even Meryl Streep would have considered it art.
After separating from a grappling exchange against the cage, Daley delivered a spinning elbow before charging Ward and elevating for an incredible flying knee that immediately sent Ward to the canvas in a heap of unconsciousness.
Ward was taken from the cage on a stretcher.
Here is the finish:
— Fancy Combat (@FancyCombat) January 22, 2017
Only one word can sum up that knockout: Wow.
The full results from Bellator 170 can be seen below:
- Tito Ortiz def. Chael Sonnen via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:03
- Paul Daley def. Brennan Ward via knockout (flying knee) – Round 1, 2:27
- Hisaki Kato def. Ralek Gracie via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Emmanuel Sanchez def. Georgi Karakhanyan via majority decision (28-28, 28-27, 28-27)
- Derek Campos def. Derek Anderson via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Henry Corrales def. Cody Bollinger via knockout (punches) – Round 3, 4:28
- Guilherme Vasconcelos def. John Mercurio via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 0:41
- Keith Berry vs. Kevin Casey declared majority draw (29-27, 28-28, 28-28)
- Alex Soto def. Demarcus Brown via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Chinzo Machida def. Jamar Ocampo via TKO (punch) – Round 3, 3:48
- Jalin Turner def. Gabriel Green via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:36
- Jack May def. Dave Cryer via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 0:41
- Daniel Rodriguez def. Christian Gonzalez via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:55