The return of Fedor Emelianenko is finally here, as he is set to take on UFC veteran Matt Mitrione in the main event of Bellator 172 Saturday night on Spike TV.
After suffering three straight defeats in Strikeforce, Emelianenko (36-4) temporarily “retired” before returning to action in his home country of Russia just months later. Since then, Emelianenko has hauled off five straight wins.
Mitrione (11-5), meanwhile, was cut from the UFC in 2016 after two straight defeats. He has since hauled off two consecutive knockout wins under the Bellator banner.
Also featured on tonight’s main card are notable UFC veterans Josh Koscheck, Cheick Kongo and Josh Thomson.
How can you tune in to tonight’s event? All of the information you will need to tune in from the opening bout can be seen below:
Date: Saturday, Feb. 18
Start Time: Main Card at 9 p.m. ET
Location: San Jose, Calif.
Venue: SAP Center
TV Info: Spike TV
Live Stream: Spike.com
MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)
- Fedor Emelianenko (236) vs. Matt Mitrione (257.5)
- Patricky Freire (155.9) vs. Josh Thomson (155.2)
- Cheick Kongo (241.6) vs. Oli Thompson (230.7)
- Veta Arteaga (126) vs. Brooke Mayo (126)
- Mauricio Alonso (169.5) vs. Josh Koscheck (169.9)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET)
- Juan Cardenas (145.4) vs. Luis Vargas (146.8)
- Dominic Sumner (170.9) vs. Abraham Vaesau (171)
- Jeremy Murphy (131.2) vs. Matthew Ramirez (131)*
- Anthony Do (144.3) vs. Bobby Escalante (125.4)
- Cesar Gonzalez (156) vs. Nikko Jackson (156)
- Zach Andrews (166) vs. J.J. Okanovich (160.2)
- J.C. Llamas (170.5) vs. James Terry (170.7)
- Gaston Bolanos (145.6) vs. Abner Perez (143.5)
- Francisco France (187.3)+ vs. Anatoly Tokov (184.9)
- Diego Herzog (185.8) vs. Martin Sano (185)
- Roque Reyes (135.3) vs. Justin Tenedora (134.8)
* – Bout initially canceled with Ramirez unable to cut additional weight, but Murphy gained weight and bout will continue
+ – France has been fined 20 percent for missing weight (10 percent to opponent, 10 percent to commission)
Can’t get enough of Campus Sports? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to stay updated with the latest news and exclusive giveaways!