Sijara Eubanks failed to make weight for The Ultimate Fighter 26 Finale, so Roxanne Modaferri, who Eubanks upset in the tournament semifinals, will step up on short notice to face Nicco Montano on Friday night for the inaugural women’s flyweight championship.
According to reports, Eubanks was hospitalized on Thursday night due to complications from her weight cut.
Eubanks did not show up to the official weigh-ins at the fighter hotel on Friday morning, with the UFC later announcing she had been replaced in the main event.
It is a disappointing turn of events for Eubanks, who had one of the most impressive runs on TUF 26, including a highlight reel headkick knockout and submission victory. “Sarj” had struggled with her weight all season long.
There is no word on whether Barb Honchak, who was initially set to face Modafferi at the finale, will remain on the card.
However, fellow TUF 26 participant Lauren Murphy is in Las Vegas as an alternate for the event, so there is a possibility she could step up to fill in as a last-minute replacement.
The official weigh-in results for the TUF 26 Finale can be seen below:
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 10:00 p.m. ET)
- Sijara Eubanks ()* vs. Nicco Montano (124.5) – for inaugural women’s flyweight title
- Sean O’Malley (135.5) vs. Terrion Ware (136)
- Barb Honchak (125.5) vs. Roxanne Modafferi (124)
- Gerald Meerschaert (185) vs. Eric Spicely (185.5)
- DeAnna Bennett (126) vs. Melinda Fabian ()
- Brett Johns (135.5) vs. Joe Soto (135)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8:00 p.m. ET)
- Montana De La Rosa (125.5) vs. Christina Marks (125.5)
- Ryan Janes (185) vs. Andrew Sanchez (185.5)
- Karine Gevorgyan (130.5)# vs. Rachael Ostovich (125)
- Ariel Beck (125.5) vs. Shana Dobson (125.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7:30 p.m. ET)
- Gillian Robertson (125.5) vs. Emily Whitmire (125)
*Eubanks did not weigh in and was replaced in the main event by Roxanne Modaferri.
#Gevorgyan has one hour to hit the 126-pound limit.
Can’t get enough of Campus Sports? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to stay updated with the latest news and exclusive giveaways!