We are still months away from the start of the 2018 college football season, but that has not stopped the folks in Las Vegas from looking ahead and setting odds for some of the marquee games of opening weekend.
Brett McMurphy released the odds from 5Dimes on Twitter which — as you might expect — shows teams like the Alabama Crimson Tide, Oklahoma Sooners and Ohio State Buckeyes as heavy favorites.
Ohio State is the biggest favorite of opening weekend, giving up 31 points to the Oregon State Beavers. Alabama, meanwhile, will be giving up 29.5 points to Louisville as the Cardinals prepare for life without Lamar Jackson.
Oklahoma is favored by three touchdowns over Lane Kiffin’s FAU squad, while the UCLA Bruins are also double-digit favorites in Chip Kelly’s first season as head coach.
The list of opening week betting lines can be seen below:
- Alabama Crimson Tide (-29.5) vs. Louisville Cardinals
- Auburn Tigers (-4) vs. Washington Huskies
- West Virginia Mountaineers (-8) vs. Tennessee Volunteers
- Texas Longhorns (-10) at Maryland Terrapins
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (-2) vs. Michigan Wolverines
- Arizona Wildcats (-7.5) vs. BYU Cougars
- Miami Hurricanes (-1) vs. LSU Tigers
- Oklahoma Sooners (-21) vs. FAU Owls
- California Golden Bears (-4) vs. North Carolina Tar Heels
- Texas Tech Red Raiders (even) vs. Ole Miss Rebels
- Colorado Buffaloes (-6) vs. Colorado State Rams
- UCLA Bruins (-13) vs. Cincinnati Bearcats
- Purdue Boilermakers (-1) vs. Northwestern Wildcats
- Ohio State Buckeyes (-31) vs. Oregon State Beavers
- Duke Blue Devils (-9) vs. Army Black Knights
- Stanford Cardinal (-15) vs. San Diego State Aztecs