Outside of big wins for both Arizona State and Stanford, it was a relatively calm Week 2 of the college football season. The same, however, cannot be said for the updated list of Heisman favorites, as we saw quite a few cases being made with some impressive performances from players like Dwayne Haskins, Jonathan Taylor, and AJ Dillon, who made the biggest jumps in the Heisman betting odds this past week.
Entering Week 3, the Heisman Trophy favorite is Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, to the surprise of no one. Tagovailoa has been on a tear for the Crimson Tide through two weeks and the reigning national champions have shown no signs of slowing down.
Outside of Tagovailoa, West Virginia signal-caller Will Grier and Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor are battling it out for the runner-up spot with 6/1 odds. Dwayne Haskins of Ohio State (8/1) and Stanford running back Bryce Love, a finalist from a year ago who has gotten off to a slow start, round out the top five.
With the college football season still young, it will be interesting to see how these odds change over the course of the season.
Where does your favorite player currently stand in the eyes of the oddsmakers?
A full look at the Heisman odds entering Week 3 can be seen below, via Las Vegas SuperBook:
- Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama: 3/1
- Will Grier, QB, West Virginia: 6/1
- Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin: 6/1
- Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State: 8/1
- Bryce Love, RB, Stanford: 10/1
- Trace McSorley, QB, Penn State: 12/1
- Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma: 12/1
- McKenzie Milton, QB, UCF: 18/1
- AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College: 20/1
- Drew Lock, QB, Missouri: 20/1
- D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia: 20/1
- Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia: 25/1
- Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon: 25/1
- Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn: 40/1
- Khalil Tate, QB, Arizona: 40/1
- Damien Harris, RB, Alabama: 50/1
- Brandon Wimbush, QB, Notre Dame: 50/1