Peyton Manning’s former coach professes his love for the now retired QB

Ok so maybe he didn’t go that far, but Peyton Manning’s former offensive coordinator at Tennessee, David Cutcliffe, expressed what one might say is a very high opinion of Manning.

“I’m not a little biased, I’m a lot biased…. In my opinion, there’s no question, he’s the greatest quarterback to ever play the game,” Cutcliffe told UT student newspaper The Chronicle. “I just think he’s the most impactful player who’s ever played the game at that position, and maybe period. Everyone will always have fun arguing that, but I’d stay up probably half the night arguing with them, if they wanted to.”

Well, he definitely did have an impact on Cutcliffe’s career. Cutcliffe was able to parlay his success with arguably the greatest quarterback of all time into a head coaching gig at Ole Miss where he coached Eli, and on to Duke where is currently head coach.

“I’m retiring today as a University of Tennessee graduate who played for the Colts and the Broncos,” Manning said during his retirement press conference. “Almost 19 years ago to the day, I announced my decision to forego the draft and stay at the University of Tennessee for my senior year. It was one of the smartest decisions I’ve ever made.”

Imagine what he could have done with one more healthy year.

Can’t get enough of Campus Sports? Follow us on TwitterFacebook and Instagram to stay updated with the latest news and exclusive giveaways!

*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports