Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz are beginning to face the aftermath of their water bottle battle at this week’s UFC 202 pre-fight press conference.
On Thursday, UFC president Dana White announced on ESPN’s SportsCenter that the fight camps and cornermen for Diaz and McGregor were banned from attending Friday afternoon’s weigh-in ceremony at The MGM Grand Marquee Ballroom.
The chaos earlier this week began when McGregor showed up 30 minutes late to a scheduled press conference.
After McGregor began answering questions, Diaz decided he would leave on his own terms if his opponent can show up whenever he pleases, so he and his team left the theater.
On their way out, Diaz and his squad — which includes UFC fighters Nick Diaz, Gilbert Melendez and Chris Avila, along with former Strikeforce champion Jake Shields — began shouting obscenities and throwing water bottles at McGregor. McGregor was set off and responded by launching bottles and Monster Energy cans of his own.
Let’s hope that cooler heads will prevail on Friday night and that it will all be settled when the two men finally settle the square in the cage on Saturday.
UFC 202 takes place on Aug. 20 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The full fight card for Saturday night’s event can be seen below:
- Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz
- Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira
- Donald Cerrone vs. Rick Story
- Alberto Uda vs. Marvin Vettori
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Takeya Mizugaki
- Artem Lobov vs. Chris Avila
- Neil Magny vs. Lorenz Larkin
- Ning Guangyou vs. Marlon Vera
- Colby Covington vs. Max Griffin
- Cortney Casey vs. Randa Markos
- Tim Means vs. Sabah Homasi
- Mike Perry vs. Hyun Gyu Lim