Bellator MMA returns to television on Friday night with Bellator 194: Nelson vs. Mitrione.
The event is headlined by a matchup between Roy Nelson and Matt Mitrione, who are participating in the opening round of the promotion’s eight-man Heavyweight World Grand Prix. The winner of the Heavyweight World Grand Prix will go on to claim the vacant heavyweight title which has been unclaimed since it was vacated in May 2016 by Vitaly Minakov.
The winner of Friday night’s tournament bout will advance to take on the winner of Ryan Bader vs. King Mo at a later date.
Friday also marks the return of boxing champion Heather Hardy and former Bellator MMA title holders Patricky Freire, who is facing Derek Campos, and Liam McGeary, who is taking on Vadim Nemkov. If that wasn’t enough to get fans excited, the main card action kicks off with Tywan Claxton, who secured one of the most impressive flying knee knockouts last year.
The event will air live on the Paramount Network, formerly known as Spike TV.
How can you tune in to Friday night’s event? All of the information you need to catch the action from the opening bout can be seen below:
Bellator 194 Fight Card
MAIN CARD (Paramount, 9:00 p.m. ET)
- Roy Nelson (265) vs. Matt Mitrione (255)
- Derek Campos (154) vs. Patricky Freire (155)
- Liam McGeary (203.75) vs. Vadim Nemkov (205)
- Heather Hardy* (126.25) vs. Ana Julaton (125)
- Tywan Claxton (145) vs. Jose Perez (142)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Paramount.com, 7:00 p.m. ET)
- Pat Casey (155.5) vs. Tyler Hamilton (154.5)
- Peter Nascimento (163.5) vs. Kastriot Xhema (164.5) – 165-pound catchweight
- Dean Hancock (155.25) vs. Marcus Surin (156)
- Walter Howard (203) vs. Jarod Trice (205.5)
- Regivaldo Carvalho (145) vs. Tom English (146)
- Mike Kimbel (135.75) vs. Geoffrey Then (135)
- Ronie Arana Leon (156) vs. Ross Richardson (155.5)
* – Hardy missed weight and was fined 20 percent of her purse, which goes to Julaton.