If you have ever wanted to work for Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh, here is your chance. The Wolverines leading man is currently searching for a personal assistant and you can apply for the position which has been listed on indeed.com.
So, what is required to be Jim Harbaugh’s assistant?
Here is the list of qualifications you must have to be considered for the gig.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in NCAA or NFL football administration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinking and ability to think on their feet.
- Compliance/understanding of Big Ten and NCAA rules.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with athletic department staff, coaches and student-athletes.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written; excellent problem analysis and problem-solving skills; attention to detail and accuracy; outstanding customer service orientation; adaptability; initiative; and stress tolerance.
- Ability to travel with football team and head coach.
- Ability to work weekends during competitive season(s). On-call availability.
As for what the responsibilities will be:
- Assists the Head Football Coach in all areas, including day-to-day operations, scheduling, internal and external communications, office management and administration.
- Maintain, edit and disseminate head coach calendar.
- Responsible for all logistics and scheduling for head coach travel.
- Maintain head coach’s personal and professional contacts.
- Assist in event planning for all football functions.
- Plan and facilitate all VIP, donor and guest appointments.
- Produce content needed by head coach for team meetings and/or staff meetings.
- Assist with all correspondence, distribution, replies and filing.
- Assist head coach with personal appearances and off-season engagements.
- Complete special projects as assigned by head coach, including family engagements.
- Administratively report to the Associate Athletic Director for Football.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and apply now to see if you can be the person who Jim Harbaugh is looking for.
[H/T: The Spun]