Week 6 of the 2016 college football season is in the books, so the weekly honors are beginning to roll out. For Utah Utes punter Mitch Wishnowsky, that meant adding a piece of hardware to his trophy case for a strong effort in a win over the Arizona Wildcats.
On Monday, the Augusta Sports Council and Ray Guy Award announced Wishnowsky has been named the Ray Guy Award Punter of the Week.
It is the second time Wishnowsky won the award, also claiming the Week 1 honor.
Wishnowsky punted the ball six times for 300 yards, while averaging 50 yards per punt with five punts marked inside Arizona’s 20-yard line. Wishnowsky ranks No. 1 in the nation for net punting (48.12) and leads the nation in punt average (50.5).
Previous Ray Guy Award Punter of the Week winners for the 2016 season can be seen below:
- Week 5: Florida punter Johnny Townsend
- Week 4: Bowling Green punter Joseph Davidson
- Week 3: Ohio State punter Cameron Johnston
- Week 2: Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt
- Week 1: Utah punter Mitch Wishnowsky